This Policy describes:
• the information that we gather from you,
• how we use and share this information,
• the rights and choices you have regarding this information,
• the steps we take to protect this information,
• the limitations of this Policy regarding third party websites and content,
• how we transfer your information,
• how we may change this Policy,
• how you may contact us.
Information We Collect on Hubsan Products and Services
• User-provided Information. When you use Hubsan Products and Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and payment information (if you use HUBSAN Products and Services to engage in purchases or financial transactions). You may provide us with information in various ways when using HUBSAN Products and Services. For example, you provide us with information when you register for a HUBSAN account, use HUBSAN Products and Services, submit credentials or other information for account verification, upload or share photos or videos on or through HUBSAN Products and Services, or send us customer service-related requests using HUBSAN Products and Services or other means of communication.
• User-provided Information About Others. We may also collect and store information about other people that you or other users provide to us. If you use HUBSAN Products and Services to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them (such as videos or photos hosted on HUBSAN related channels) or messages (such as invitations to comment on videos or photos, use HUBSAN Products and Services, or participate an event) through HUBSAN Products and Services, we may store information about you and information relating to each such recipient. Similarly, if you use HUBSAN Products and Services to upload, share and/or distribute content (including user rating information on HUBSAN’s official social networking pages) contains information about others, we may store, process, and disclose that information as provided for under this Policy.
• Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain HUBSAN Products and Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of HUBSAN Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. HUBSAN does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use HUBSAN Products and Services.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use HUBSAN Products and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
• Device-Related and Flight-Related Information. When you use HUBSAN Products and Services, you will provide us with information relating to (i) your HUBSAN Product or Service, your non-HUBSAN device on which the HUBSAN Product or Service is used (including computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access HUBSAN Products and Services), and your photos or videos that you upload using HUBSAN Products and Services. This information may include: (i) information about your non-HUBSAN device (including your device ID, hardware version, and operating system); (ii) information about your HUBSAN device (including the model and serial number of your device); (iii) geolocation data relating to your non-HUBSAN device and HUBSAN device and any photo or video you submitted using HUBSAN Products and Services; (iv) information about any photo or video recorded, including the name of the video file, the length of the video, EXIF data relating to the photo or video, and the photo or video data itself; (v) other technical information, including the IP address used by your non-HUBSAN device and flight record data; and (vi) data associated with your HUBSAN account.
When you choose to self-authorize or “unlock” flight operations on HUBSAN hardware control applications (including X-Hubsan (the “X-Hubsan App”)) in locations that are categorized by HUBSAN’s Geospatial Environment Online system as raising safety or security issues, we collect and retain geolocation information relating to your decision. In addition to the Device-Related Information described above, some of the features of HUBSAN Products and Services may enable HUBSAN to access your location in order to tailor your experience with the HUBSAN Products and Services based on your location (“Location-based Services”). In order to use certain Location-based Services, you may be required to enable certain features of your mobile phone (such as GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth), which enable HUBSAN to identify your location through a variety of means, including GPS location, IP address, cell tower location, geo-fencing technology, or detection by physical on-location Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors. If your location is collected through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth sensors, please be aware that such sensors, and the associated data services, may be provided by a third party, which may access such information for the purpose of providing such data services to HUBSAN.
• Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may display third-party content on or through HUBSAN Products and Services, including third-party advertising. We also may enable you to connect your HUBSAN account to, or otherwise interface with, third party services, including third party social networks and communications services. In addition, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by HUBSAN. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
• Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than HUBSAN Products and Services, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties.
Uses of Collected Information
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect through HUBSAN Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the HUBSAN Products and Services and operating our business, including the following:
• We use the information that we collect through HUBSAN Products and Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the HUBSAN Products and Services, to verify and manage HUBSAN user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to by HUBSAN.
• We use the information that we collect through HUBSAN Products and Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the HUBSAN Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
• We may use your information to contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We aim to obtain appropriate consent (where required under applicable) to send you marketing communications.
• We may use information we collect to: (i) personalize HUBSAN Products and Services; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of HUBSAN Products and Services and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) review your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities involving HUBSAN Products and Services.
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose your information that we collect through HUBSAN Products and Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
• We may share your information with our mother company, affiliates and subsidiaries globally in order to provide you with HUBSAN product and services.
• Any information that you voluntarily choose to upload to a publicly accessible site or venue using HUBSAN Products and Services (including sharing information on social media or on HUBSAN’s online community forum), or that you elect to make public, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
• We work with third party service providers to provide payment facilitation, parcel transportation, application development, hosting, maintenance, flight environment data, account verification, and other services for us. We generally require these service providers to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
• We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the HUBSAN Products and Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the HUBSAN Products and Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
• HUBSAN uses a third party verification service provider to verify certain users of HUBSAN Products and Services and HUBSAN may disclose information to this service provider. The service provider may retain credential information provided as part of account verification for compliance and other purposes and may provide such information, as well as your user login ID or email address, to government authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other duly authorized parties as may be required by or permitted under applicable laws. We require this service provider by contract to use or disclose the information they process on our behalf only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
• If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
• We may make certain aggregated, de-identified, or non-identifying information about users of HUBSAN Products and Services available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; (iii) product safety analysis; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of HUBSAN Products and Services.
3. You can request to exchange a product that you purchased from us if you meet one of the requirements:
a. Within 15 calendar days of delivery, the product has sustained substantial damage from transit.
b. Within 15 calendar days of delivery, the product does not match the original description of the product in one or more significant aspects.
c. Within 15 calendar days of delivery, the product shows manufacturing defects.
Rights Regarding Collected Information
Your Rights and Choices you have regarding this information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the information we maintain about you, update or correct inaccuracies in the information we maintain about you, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. Your right to access information we maintain about you may be limited under local law. You also have the right to object to the processing of your information or to withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, including to the transfer of information to other countries. Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking or deletion, if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of HUBSAN Products and Services.
If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us by sending your request to us by email at service@Hubsan.com.
We use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data; Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
HUBSAN Products and Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through HUBSAN Products and Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through HUBSAN Products and Services.
HUBSAN Products and Services are not directed to children under the age of 14. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 14 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
International Visitors and Users
HUBSAN Products and Services connect to servers hosted in the United States, China, and Hong Kong. If you choose to use HUBSAN Products and Services from the European Union or other regions of the world, then please note that you may be transferring your information outside of those regions for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S., China, and Hong Kong to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and providing the services associated with HUBSAN Products and Services. By providing your information on or through HUBSAN Products or Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Policy Changes and Updates
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the HUBSAN Products and Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of HUBSAN Products and Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Our Contact Information: Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at service@Hubsan.com.
Shenzhen Hubsan Technology Co., Ltd.
Address: 13th Floor, Block 1, Tower C, Software Industry Base, Xuefu Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China.
What are Cookies?
When you use certain HUBSAN Products and Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of HUBSAN Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. HUBSAN does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use HUBSAN Products and Services.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons” (together with cookies, “cookies and similar technologies”). This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use HUBSAN Products and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
Cookies Used by HUBSAN
We use different types of cookies as listed below. They help us to provide and improve our service, such as showing you the most relevant information and your customized webpage. Some or all of the cookies listed may be stored in your browser or devices.
These cookies and similar technologies will tell us when you log into our website, and allow us to show you appropriate and relevant information and features.
For example, these cookies and similar technologies will enable us to show you relevant social information when you are logged in and visiting other websites adopting HUBSAN advertising plugin. We also use this information to understand how you use HUBSAN Products and Services.
For example, when someone logs into your account from a browser or IP address different from the cookies record, you will get notified and will be able to deny such person’s access to your account. Also, these cookies and similar technologies will record requests for information from the Internet and block attacks such as attempts to steal your user content uploaded to HUBSAN websites.
These cookies and similar technologies help us provide localized experiences, such as showing the website content in your preferred language.
Features and Services
These cookies and similar technologies help us deliver Products and Services.
For example, these cookies and similar technologies could pre-fill your user ID when you logging in, show your friends who are online, and store your preferences to provide you customized content and experiences, such as personalized suggestions.
These cookies and similar technologies help us improve user experience.
For example, these cookies and similar technologies help us reallocate work load among our servers. Also, they store some information on your browser or device to enable our webpage to respond faster.
Analytics and Research
These cookies and similar technologies help us understand your use of our Products and Services to improve them.
For example, we may use these cookies and similar technologies to understand how you engage with HUBSAN Apps and websites to improve their features.
Cookies Use when You Use Mobile Devices
We may obtain or receive information about your device, our apps, or other apps. We may also use these technologies to store information on your device. For example, we may receive information about the make and model of your mobile device when you are asking others for help through our app.
Read of Particular Cookies
Browsers will send cookies for a particular domain (such as Hubsan.com) to the website each time a device with those cookies accesses content from that domain. This means if your device stores cookies for Hubsan.com, it will send those cookies to HUBSAN when it accesses a webpage at Hubsan.com.
Cookie Use Without a HUBSAN Account or After Your Logout
We still use cookie if you do not have a HUBSAN account or have logged out your account. After your logout, we will use cookie to:
• Recover your lost account;
• Recognize use of public computers and notify to reduce your risk of data theft;
• Understand your interaction with our Products and Services, and those of our partners.
If you do not have HUBSAN account and have visited Hubsan.com, we will use cookie to protect HUBSAN Products and Services, and HUBSAN customers from malicious activity such as denial-of-service attacks and mass creation of fake accounts.